What's Your Favorite Christmas Story?


Everybody’s probably already seen this site, but I have to recommend it in case you haven’t: thebrownbookshelf.com . I like the February calendar of author and illustrators. (Sharon M. Draper is at the top of the list!) I wonder which authors I would have chosen for the calendar. I also wonder which authors my friends and colleagues would recommend. Who is surprisingly missing from the calendar? I don’t know, but Feb. only has 28 days, so somebody had to get left out. I am looking forward to posting the calendar on my office door.
I like the site’s Christmas book entries, too. I wanted to do a blog like that myself. If I had, I would have included the books I read to Z like A Child is Born, a board book by Margaret Wise Brown and illustrated by Floyd Cooper. Everett Anderson's Christmas Coming by Lucille Clifton, illustrated by Jan Spivey Gilchrist, was a favorite too. The book was first published in the 1970s, but Z liked the idea of this little boy counting down to Christmas by describing what he’s thinking and experiencing from Dec. 20th to the big day. And remember the book Synthia Saint James illustrated-- Hallelujah!: A Christmas Celebration (2000)?


I love Christmas books! What’s your favorite Christmas book?