Food, Girls, and Other Things I Can't Have

I laughed out loud when reading this one. The main character, Andrew Zansky, is a guy after my own heart because he loathes gym class and loves doughnuts. Just like Andrew, I've been mad at Levi's for years for printing my waist size on my jeans. (Andrew says, "If Levi's were cool, they'd have a cutoff point at size 32.")

Andrew's mom is a caterer, so that doesn't help him much. His parents are divorced, but Andrew hopes this is just a phase.
Is football the answer to all of his problems?


The possibilities:
A regular workout...
Mom and Dad on the same bleacher at homecoming?
Catching the eye of the new girl, April, who just happens to be a cheerleader...
Yeah, football might be the ticket.


I'm hooked.
Now I am looking forward to Zadoff's next book, My Life, the Theater, and Other Tragedies