The Best Book I Read Last Week?

No contest! Wes Moore’s Discovering Wes Moore.


The people closest to me have gotten the entire story out of me because I thought Moore’s approach was interesting. Z and I are scheduled to review it for VOYA , so I don’t want to dishonor my agreement with them by discussing it in detail here.


I will state the obvious: It is a young adult edition of The Other Wes Moore: One Name, Two Fates, which received media attention.

 I love it when books provide a segue into difficult discussions. There are so many things in this book that I’ve discussed with Z simply because he is a black male experiencing feelings (and coming into an awareness) that both Wes Moores shared. But on a lighter note, we used the book to talk about writing ideas and finding the perfect angle. In other words, having something to say and an interesting way to say it, is vital.