School Shopping Makes Me Giddy

I have a confession to make: I love school shopping.

I don’t care too much for shopping in general. (Can't someone else shop for my food?)
I get tired just thinking about running around looking for clothes that are both stylish and fit me well (Don't worry, Z's dad shops for him.).
I don’t have a closet full of shoes either. (What's wrong with wearing one good pair until they fall apart or fade?)
My home isn't beautifully decorated with just the right vases, pillows, paintings, and knick-knacks (Do people still call them that or is this just a reflection of my rural upbring?).

I like school supplies:
1. stacks of wide-ruled notebook paper (You never know when "they" might decide paper prices should go the way of gas prices.)
2. drawers filled with multicolored spiral notebooks
3. storage bins filled with 1, 2, and 3 inch binders
4. a stash of dividers with tabs (Thanks, Freyja.)
5. bins filled with pens, pencils, highlighters, sharpies, crayons, markers, and hole punchers (genius, Debbie)

Things have gotten so bad, I had to do inventory before going school shopping this year. I have also had to bar myself from looking at Office Depot and Office Max circulars.

Nothing excites me like school shopping, but this doesn't mean that I want summer to end. And it doesn't mean that Z will use the supplies or even acknowledge their existence. Come September, he will come home from school, throw his school clothes into his closet on top of the bins filled with school supplies and say, "Mom, I don't have any paper."