Who Has These Feet? by Laura Hulbert


It has been said that toddlers spend a great deal of time looking at feet, but this book is sure to challenge them as they try to guess which animal owns the feet represented in each watercolor painting. (I got them all wrong, by the way; I guess I don’t know much about animals.)

After prompting readers to match an animal with its feet, simple text explains the significance of the unique features of the animal’s feet. For example, a desert lizard has scales on its toes that prevent it from sinking into the sand.

The book ends with a full-color gatefold so young readers can match the animals’ faces with their feet and then pull open the gate to see the animals’ entire body.

Even if your child is like me and cannot successfully match the animal with its feet, I think he or she will have fun trying.