Z's First Week of Ninth Grade
1. We have to get up too early.
2. There is homework in most subjects every night.
3. The algebra teacher is very helpful.
4. The social life is rich and exciting, more than worth the trouble of leaving the house at 7:20am.
5. Technology can be used to reel wayward classmates (like Z) in when they didn't hear the teacher say certain assignments were due the next day.
6. Summer reading might not have been a waste of time after all since the first few weeks of class are spent looking at the books in depth.
7. Some books look alike, so you have to make sure you bring home the right one. If you don't, you have to go to school even earlier than usual to do your homework.
8. 4 minutes to get to class isn't as long as it seems.
9. It takes a long time to pack your things at the end of the day.
10. Lunch really isn't for eating.